|A World War 2 period cintarki|
|Place of origin:||Kingdom of Bulgaria|
|Produced:||At least 1940 - late 1970s|
|Used by:||Army of the Kingdom of Bulgaria, Bulgarian People's Army|
|Wars:||World War II, Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia|
The cintarki are a standard low boot type shoes. They are made of leather and have six or five lace holes lacking eyelets and their most distinguishing feature is the loop on the rear part of the shoe that goes into the heel cap. The soles are made of stacked leather pieces with hobnails and the heels are reinforced with metal cleats.
These shoes were the standard issue combat boots for the Royal Bulgarian army during World War II and later for the Bulgarian People's army.
They were used by the Bulgarian army during the Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968. The cintarki continued to be used as the primary footwear of the communist Bulgarian army well into the 1970s, although the design was heavily outdated by this time.
The Bulgarians introduced a more contemporary design after 1965 known as Kubinka, however, this type was intended only for officers. It was not until the early 1980s when the Bulgarian army adopted a more modern combat boot on a wide scale thus finally ending the service life of the outdated cintarka.
- ↑ https://picclick.ca/Ww2-Bulgarian-Officer-Combat-Low-Boots-391637645101.html
- ↑ http://www.ebay.ca/itm/391637645101?rmvSB=true
- ↑ http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field-equipment-accessories-third-reich/german-combat-low-boots-hobnails-20041/
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780212
- ↑ http://voiska.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t792.html
- ↑ https://www.olx.bg/ad/idi-pak-zimata-tsintove-kubinki-armeyski-tsintarki-voenni-ID5Ih2g.html
- ↑ https://auction.bg/Auction/3313876/%D0%9D%D0%B5%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B1%D1%8F%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%83%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%91%D0%97%D0%A6
- ↑ http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/192384010392?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=192384010392&rmvSB=true
- ↑ http://bulgariana.com/product_info.php?cPath=60_66&products_id=943&osCsid=555efd13f7bc06f1cb1c0d914885e7a5