|A 1994 manufactured KUKLA suit|
|Place of origin:||Russia|
|Manufacturer(s):||Vera, ANA (possibly)|
|Wars:||First Chechen War|
KUKLA stands for Kostjum Universal'nyj Kamuf Lirov Annyj, Russian: Костюм Универсальный Камуф Лиров Анный meaning "Camouflaged Universal Suit".
The KUKLA appeared in the early 1990s to replace the old Mabuta design. It is considered that it was made by Vera and possibly ANA. The mabuta design in DPM-68 camouflage was sold to MVD and FSB operators starting in 1993, eventually this 1993 suit came to be known as the KUKLA. The KUKLA suit was the first Russian suit made in the DPM camouflage. The earliest KUKLA suits were designed by Yri Kapishnikov who later became designer for SSO and developed the Sbruya-Partizan and Kenguru chest rigs. The KUKLA was used by various MVD spetsnaz units like SOBR and OMON and photographic evidence confirms that it was used in the First Chechen War.
- ↑ http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=24888.0
- ↑ http://iacmc.forumotion.com/t1287p25-russian-dpm-uniform
- ↑ http://www.terapeak.com/worth/russian-uniform-kukla-1st-typ-sposn-sso-spetsnaz-1997-mvd-sobr-omon-fsb-alpha/182176862537/
- ↑ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winter-suit-Russian-spetsnaz-VV-MVD-SOBR-Vityaz-camo-KUKLA-RARE-/161787437386?nma=true&si=psu82v2MOdVSj4Ash%252Bw9E7i31J8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
- ↑ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Summer-suit-MABUTA-Russian-spetsnaz-VV-MVD-SOBR-Vityaz-camo-KUKLA-/162097082039?nma=true&si=psu82v2MOdVSj4Ash%252Bw9E7i31J8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
- ↑ http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/114/1587891.html
- ↑ http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/114/1194764.html
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 https://www.ebay.com/itm/271216183871?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649