|Kanady vzor 60|
|A pair of black vz. 60 combat boots|
|Place of origin:||Czechoslovakia|
|Evolved into:||Kanady vz. 62|
|Used by:||Czechoslovak People's Army, DRA Army, 154th OSN GRU "Muslim Battalion"|
The Kanady vzor 60 are made of leather and have high top cuffs with double buckles in the US M43 style. The lace holes are seven and have eyelets. The soles are made of rubber and have unique pattern, which is not seen on other combat boots. The most distinctive feature of the soles is that they are bolted with three screws on the front.
Czechoslovakia was one of the most advanced and industrialized countries of the Eastern Bloc after World War II. Although, the USSR used to control its "Warsaw Pact" allies very tightly, up to the smallest details. However, apart from political and economic issues, the satellites of the Soviet Union were free in their own development of such "little things" as uniforms, footwear and other equipment.
The Czechoslovak footwear developers were quick to adapt to the trend of transferring to high-laced boots during the late 1950s. The vz. 60 boots were introduced to service with the Czechoslovak People's Army in 1960 and their design is apparently based on the US M43 boots especially evident by the cuffs and straps being in one piece.
The vz. 60 boots gained popularity in the Eastern Bloc and as such were later used also by the army of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan and saw service during the Soviet–Afghan War. The Soviet 154th OSN GRU "Muslim Battalion" made use of these boots in addition to other DRA equipment while disguising as DRA personnel during the storming of the Tajbeg Palace in Operation Storm-333.
- ↑ http://www.bushcraft-portal.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56&start=225#p20829
- ↑ https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanady
- ↑ http://guns.allzip.org/topic/36/1230780.html#p6
- ↑ http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=12222.msg122231#msg122231
- ↑ http://www.armypoint.cz/boty-vzor-60-kanady-vel-eu51-35/d-92066/
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kvhkralice.brb.cz%2FImages%2FVystroj%2FVz60.png&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kvhkralice.brb.cz%2Findex.php%3Ftext%3Dvystroj-vz60&docid=HDP8U8_xxXjr6M&tbnid=j8h4TmczVIHFNM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiU6qLniLbTAhXDqxoKHUb_DKk4ZBAzCBQoEjAS..i&w=169&h=432&bih=891&biw=1680&q=kanady%20vz%2060&ved=0ahUKEwiU6qLniLbTAhXDqxoKHUb_DKk4ZBAzCBQoEjAS&iact=mrc&uact=8#h=432&imgdii=j8h4TmczVIHFNM:&vet=10ahUKEwiU6qLniLbTAhXDqxoKHUb_DKk4ZBAzCBQoEjAS..i&w=169
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.kvhsluckyarmy.webnode.cz%2F200000018-a1ae4a2a7f%2Fsamopalnik3.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkvhsluckyarmy.webnode.cz%2Fnews%2Fco-si-vlastne-maji-clenove-nakoupit-ke-stejnokroji-vz-60-1977-%2F&docid=pk851QLc94BrxM&tbnid=12ATv9DxeD1tEM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiU6qLniLbTAhXDqxoKHUb_DKk4ZBAzCEEoPzA_..i&w=300&h=763&bih=891&biw=1680&q=kanady%20vz%2060&ved=0ahUKEwiU6qLniLbTAhXDqxoKHUb_DKk4ZBAzCEEoPzA_&iact=mrc&uact=8
- ↑ http://www.bushcraft-portal.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56&start=240#p20838
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fslovenskainzercia.sk%2Fx-sk%2Finz%2F474%2F474220-kanady-vz-60-velkost-c-7-2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsecond-hand.slovenskainzercia.sk%2Ftopanky-obuv%2Finzerat%2F474220-kanady-vz-60-velkost-c-7-ponuka%2F&docid=1mJdZ-wENBtSGM&tbnid=t4EDebBNJGUh0M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjCi7ellLHTAhXBBsAKHcFnDXQQMwhgKDUwNQ..i&w=1000&h=1333&bih=633&biw=1366&q=kanady%20vz%2060&ved=0ahUKEwjCi7ellLHTAhXBBsAKHcFnDXQQMwhgKDUwNQ&iact=mrc&uact=8
- ↑ http://lukas107.rajce.idnes.cz/Kanady_vz.60_hnede/