|Krebs Custom Kalashnikov Rear Sight Rail|
|Designation:||Krebs Custom Kalashnikov Rear Sight Rail|
|Place of origin:||USA|
|Produced:||At least 2009-???|
|Material(s):|| 7075 aluminium alloy (rail section)|
carbon steel (rear locking mechanism)
The locking mechanism does not attach to the rear trunnion, but rather to the buttstock tang, using the original tang screw, it also has a windage adjustable M16A2 aperture rear sight. It is designed to attach to the rear sight support (in front), and the tang of the rifle (in back). The AR sights at the back of the receiver provide an approximately 60% greater sight radius.
The KRSR is not compatible with Yugoslavian AK variants, Chinese AK variants, machined (milled) receiver AK rifles or any AK rifle with a folding stock or lacking a buttstock tang.
In popular cultureEdit
The KRSR is featured in the video game Call of Duty Online. It is attached to the AK-102, however it is depicted as being slightly fictionalised as the rear attachment mechanism is slightly different compared to the real KRSR.
- ↑ http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/51/542765-m18855910.html
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 http://www.krebscustom.com/products/53/Krebs-Custom-AK-Rear-Sight-Rail-System
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHxc0UWRYEU
- ↑ http://www.midwayusa.com/product/893149/krebs-custom-guns-rear-sight-receiver-picatinny-rail-system-ak-47-aluminum-matte
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5mDqBU8L08
- ↑ http://www.armtactical.com/gun-parts/ak-parts/sights/krebs-custom-ak-rear-sight-rail-system.html