|A black set of LHV47 rail system|
|Place of origin:||Israel/United Kingdom/USA|
|Produced:||probably 2000s - present|
|Used by:||Peshmerga (possibly derivative)|
|Wars:||Syrian Civil War (possibly derivative)|
The LHV47 handguard is made of polymer and is designed to be used with the AK series of rifles in order to provide them with the ability to receive any picatinny/weaver mountable accessories. The LHV47 set (LHV47-S) consists of two parts, upper (LHV47-T) and lower (LHV47-L) handguard, they can be also used interchangeably with other upper/lower handguards. The LHV-T has one full length picatinny and the LHV-L has one full length picatinny rail and two mini side rails amounting to total of four mounting rails. It is available in black, khaki and OD Green color.
The LHV47 is produced by the international company Tdi-Arms. The design is being widely copied and as such it has many derivatives even airsoft ones such as the King Arms (KA-SK-05) handguard. Considering that Tdi-Arms was established in 2002 and the earliest depiction of the LHV47 style handguard was in the 2009 video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 it can be concluded that the LHV47 design was first created at some point between 2002 and 2009. The LHV47 or some of its derivatives is confirmed to have been used in the Syrian Civil War as evidenced by a photograph of a Peshmerga trooper armed with a heavily customized AK rifle in 2015.
- Weight: 230gr.
- Length: 16.5cm
- Height: 8.0cm
- Weight: 56gr.
- Length: 11.10cm
- Rail length: 12.05cm
- Weight: 174gr.
- Length: 16.20cm
- Lower rail length: 10.15cm
- Side rails length: 3.8cm
In popular cultureEdit
- The LHV47 handguard is featured in the video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The khaki variant is attached to the AK-47.
- The LHV47 is featured in the video game Grand Theft Auto V. It is attached to the Type 56.
- ↑ http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=124328
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/02/11/peshmerga-fighter-franken-arak/
- ↑ http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_56/132745_Anyone_Used_A_TDI_Arms_LHV_47_Tri_Rail_Lower_HG_.html
- ↑ http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_4_56/143916_Lower_handguard_with_rails__not_upper.html
- ↑ http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=137353
- ↑ http://www.tdi-arms.biz/#/shop/4559208106/lhv47s-%E2%80%93-ak47-polymer-4-rail-system/1544483
- ↑ https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=155396
- ↑ http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=155396