|An M44 Erbsenmuster Feldbluse|
|Designation:||Erbsenmuster for the camouflage, M44 given by collectors, none given by the Germans for the uniform|
|Place of origin:||Nazi Germany|
|Manufacturer(s):||Walter Klem, Hornberg Schw.|
|Used by:||Waffen-SS, UNPIK|
|Wars:||World War II, Korean War|
Genuine variants & componentsEdit
Officialy ordnance manufactured garments:
Feldbluse (in M43 cut)Edit
To be expanded!
Keilhosen (in M43 cut)Edit
To be expanded!
To be expanded!
To be expanded!
Non-genuine variants & componentsEdit
Non-officialy produced, modern reproductions and extremely rare field made garments:
Although, there are many reproductions and replicas of Erbsenmuster helmet covers for the Stahlhelm on the market nowadays and many reenactors use them, the Germans did not produce such ones during the war. They just used the remaining stocks of earlier camouflage pattern helmet covers, however, it is possible that there were some field-made covers from scrap cloths of Erbsenmuster, but there is no known authentic photographs showing such helmet cover being used during the war.
Although, there are many reproductions and replicas of Erbsenmuster M43 caps on the market nowadays and many reenactors use them, the Germans did not produce such ones during the war. They just used the drab and earlier camouflaged M43 caps, however, it is possible that there were some field-made M43 caps from scrap cloths of Erbsenmuster, but there is no known authentic photographs showing such caps being used during the war.
There is evidence of numerous field-made modifications to the Erbsenmuster Feldbluse. Bottle-green collars salvaged from old tunics were attached to the M44 Erbsenmuster tunic, this was popular practice among officers and senior NCOs as it allowed them to display rank insignia without the need to wear a woollen tunic under a camouflaged garment during the summer.
Some of the M44 Erbsenmuster tunics were worn tucked in the trousers in a similar fashion to the M44 tunic. In order to accommodate this, the lower pockets were removed and the skirts were shortened.
There are some misconceptions regarding the Erbsenmuster garments. In the recent years, among some reenactors has developed the idea that this uniform was only permitted to be worn with Schnurschuhe and Gamaschen. Another misconception is that the Erbsenmuster uniforms had to be worn with the entire set consisting of solely the same camouflage.
However, these ideas are wrong as by the late period of World War II there were no specific regulations regarding how to wear the field uniforms in the Waffen-SS. There are many authentic photographs displaying Waffen-SS troops with jackboots or wearing mismatched camouflage garments. Due to worsening wartime shortages and supply issues in the late stage of the war, the Germans simply wore whatever they had in whatever manner they find fit.
In popular cultureEdit
- The Erbsenmuster M44 tunic is featured in the video game Rise of Nations. It is worn by the Volksgrenadiers unit.
- The Erbsenmuster M44 tunic and trousers are featured in the video game Call of Duty: World at War. They are worn by the Waffen-SS.
- The Erbsenmuster M44 trousers are featured in the video game Call of Duty: WWII. Theyr are part of the Valkyrie Infantry uniform.
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541178
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837278&page=4
- ↑ http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniforms-insignia/camo-set-genuine-year-opinions-needed-443650/#post1216345
- ↑ http://vmpa.ordnancereproductions.com/koreanwar.htm
- ↑ https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.wixstatic.com/media/6e644d_f4e63eb26840490bb649d5cb75cbbf2c.jpg_256&imgrefurl=http://www.botrmilitaria.com/?_escaped_fragment_=uniforms-patches/c1d3r&h=350&w=256&tbnid=XilmwwbiF8cozM&tbnh=263&tbnw=192&usg=__AaKULwwRSzSLqrFikb-pmT7s5jo=&hl=en&docid=nqqlCq-biqIfmM
- ↑ http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36002-german-ss-uniforms-in-korea/
- ↑ http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniforms-insignia/cold-war-use-ss-camo-smock-405963-2/
- ↑ http://www.surcompany.com/listing1a-wsscamo/ss-camo4.html
- ↑ http://www.zib-militaria.de/WX-field-jacket-M44-pea-dot
- ↑ http://oakleafmilitaria.com/0810u5.html
- ↑ http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/reproduction-german-military-m44-jacket-dot-peas-camo?a=884883
- ↑ http://www.militaryissue.com/WWII-German-M44-Pea-Camo-Field-Pants-US/productinfo/M652465/
- ↑ http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?s=012de550ee9de8a5bbb0c92116a49a4c&p=87486376&postcount=142
- ↑ http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/114u7.html
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764525
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847794
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F564x%2Fdd%2Fdb%2F5d%2Fdddb5db96229e27259e4cd538d75e88c.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F483362972483208480%2F&docid=NT1nD9ZFEh2XaM&tbnid=1pM50VdaAIK5mM%3A&w=564&h=752&bih=891&biw=1680&ved=0ahUKEwjV5t6L_eHOAhUHPRoKHQPhDA8QMwgoKAwwDA&iact=mrc&uact=8
- ↑ http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30095604
- ↑ http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30095605
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com%2Flot-images.atgmedia.com%2FLT%2F37312%2F2916511%2F8548762-20141120171643_540x360.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.the-saleroom.com%2Fen-us%2Fauction-catalogues%2Fthies-and-johnson-military-auctions%2Fcatalogue-id-srthie10000%2Flot-7ddab99a-590b-4389-ad61-a3fd009e4e5d&docid=7bIe7wcCNt3DgM&tbnid=lHaxAFwvNopO0M%3A&w=240&h=360&bih=891&biw=1680&ved=0ahUKEwibu53l5v3OAhVC7RQKHV3ZAuQQMwhxKE4wTg&iact=mrc&uact=8
- ↑ http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=85157
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fe2%2F83%2Fc7%2Fe283c785abf46c7efd9b6cb07ccc1eaf.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fleuramestpure%2Funiforme%2F&docid=L8ePxesxMRR7JM&tbnid=VfNDnnLzO9JeTM%3A&vet=1&w=1116&h=839&bih=891&biw=1680&q=hungarian%20m44%20camouflage&ved=0ahUKEwjloNyK2fnRAhXJQBQKHQ5hBPUQMwhUKDMwMw&iact=mrc&uact=8#h=839&imgrc=VfNDnnLzO9JeTM:&vet=1&w=1116
- ↑ http://www.paradeantiques.co.uk/militaria/uniforms/german-axis/wwii-german-erbsentarn-pea-dot-44-fallschirmjager-smock
- ↑ http://www.artizandesigns.com/guides/FarnworthColoursGermanFallshirmjagerWW2.pdf
- ↑ http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/hhm64.pl?f=NR_LOT&c=7044&t=temartic_R_GB&db=kat64_3R.txt
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16902
- ↑ http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=53002
- ↑ http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=16105&start=15
- ↑ http://www.euro-t-guide.com/See_Coun/Belgium/SE/B_See_Dec_1944_La_Gleize_Museum_3-1.htm
- ↑ http://users.skynet.be/vonweyersberg/SS_Camo.htm
- ↑ http://www.surcompany.com/listing12-parkas/parkas.html
- ↑ http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=194322
- ↑ http://veteransfootlocker.com/cgi-bin/display_item.asp?3938
- ↑ http://www.guntia-militaria-shop.de/de/mil-tec-wehrmacht-wendejacke-m42-sumpftarn-weiss-r.html
- ↑ https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WWII-German-Elite-DOT-44-camo-helmet-cover-M35-M40-M42/361961806086?hash=item54469ad906:g:KAoAAOSwBLlVbWWv
- ↑ https://www.atthefrontshop.com/category_s/423.htm
- ↑ https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=132911
- ↑ https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=160579
- ↑ http://worldwar2artifacts.com/cgi-bin/Display_Item.asp?115
- ↑ http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20643
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718685&highlight=dot+44
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844407
- ↑ http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniforms-insignia/ss-m44-dot-camo-tunic-some-info-571685/
- ↑ http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=218370
- ↑ http://www.elgrancapitan.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7005&start=330
- ↑ https://youtu.be/D9UELTsf-Fs?t=321
- ↑ http://stabswache-de-euros.blogspot.bg/2011/05/copyright-and-license-text-articles-on_31.html
- ↑ http://www.atthefront.com/HR/g/uni_44dot.html
- ↑ https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://40.media.tumblr.com/f2151ea2e3bb01fec9f0e93a65e87e1e/tumblr_nnqxdcDntl1ut8ktco1_1280.png&imgrefurl=http://histomil.com/viewtopic.php?t=3918&start=5540&h=766&w=1140&tbnid=umJ-rdC2RmRTHM&tbnh=184&tbnw=274&usg=__3sxK9pp-KDu7RFmjvKgrhKwvX9I=&hl=en&docid=lm7TmIrn3YwTnM#h=766&tbnh=184&tbnw=274&w=1140
- ↑ http://www.network54.com/Forum/47212/thread/1408806601/Mirko,asking+in+the+name+of+the+new+perestroika
- ↑ https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_p3Q0eKo0OeI/TPy-rvTpz4I/AAAAAAAANwA/77B5Mb34FAU/s1600/Reitzenstein%252B%252528SS%252BPz%252Bregt%252B2%252529%252Bis%252Bshown%252Bwearing%252Ba%252Btailor%252Bmade%252BOakleaf%252Bin%252Bthe%252Bspring%252Bof%252B1943.jpg&imgrefurl=http://histomil.com/viewtopic.php?t=3918&start=2670&h=855&w=650&tbnid=WHBLo8H7NbjmkM&tbnh=258&tbnw=196&usg=__K2FdjFi_5LqpTWBArz6ScBlCR0A=&hl=en&docid=aE0gIbahLQvSxM
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi106.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fm269%2Ffranz-repper%2Fimg372.jpg%3Ft%3D1315504347&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.panzergrenadier.net%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D6%26t%3D17464%26start%3D15&docid=xQ1TQAb1Jsi3cM&tbnid=j1iI4o8im84SVM%3A&w=534&h=723&bih=891&biw=1680&ved=0ahUKEwiSt7uD6P3OAhVBbRQKHbH3CuUQMwgkKAowCg&iact=mrc&uact=8#h=723&w=534
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warrelics.eu%2Fforum%2Fattachments%2Fgerman-photographs-postcards%2F456966d1359263916-post-your-ss-photographs-.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.axishistory.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D209992&docid=APiRuQglTJXU8M&tbnid=H9ZIeDn1y1OkCM%3A&w=1968&h=1353&bih=891&biw=1680&ved=0ahUKEwiSt7uD6P3OAhVBbRQKHbH3CuUQMwhKKCgwKA&iact=mrc&uact=8