|Sahariana Modello 1934|
|Designation:||Sahariana Modello 1934|
|Place of origin:||Kingdom of Italy|
|Evolved into:||Sahariana Reglamento del 1943|
|Wars:||Second Italo-Ethiopian War, Spanish Civil War|
The Sahariana Modello 1934 is a tropical uniform made of khaki or olive colored canvas material.
The most distinctive feature of the tunic is that the shoulers, upper back cape and chest pocket flaps are made of one piece canvas. The cape is of scalloped "bat" like design with three points and the chest pocket flaps are also scalloped.
The tunic has two pleated chest pockets and two non-pleated lower pockets with scalloped flaps. The collar is also of distinctive design, it is a standing collar which is scalloped on the rear and can be fastened to the back of the tunic via button.
The waist is adjusted by a belt made of the same fabric as the tunic. The epaulets are removable, held on by a strap running underneath through a single loop on the shoulder and fastened by a single button.
Prior to 1934 the primary tropical uniform of the Italian army was the M1929 Sahariana. A new design for tropical uniform was developed with Circular No. 81014 released on 18 January, 1934 describing the shape and details of the new tropical uniform. The new pattern was intended for Officers sent overseas to the African colonies and was used in the Second Italo-Ethiopian War.
- ↑ http://www.lostiledeglieroi.it/index.php/regio-esercito.html?cat=14&dir=asc&order=name&price=100-200
- ↑ http://www.todocoleccion.net/militaria-uniformes-espanoles/chaqueta-militar-ejercito-tierra-rombos-tela~x41522785
- ↑ http://gmic.co.uk/topic/36151-spanish-sahariana-tunic-and-cap/
- ↑ http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/militares-en-t/9523992/Guerra-civil-espanola-uniformes-del-bando-nacional.html
- ↑ https://www.google.bg/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fp1.liveauctioneers.com%2F368%2F62935%2F31446015_1_x.jpg%3Fversion%3D1414203874&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liveauctioneers.com%2Fitem%2F31446015&docid=ar0yjqdHZr6YyM&tbnid=dHS3THKCCHO4yM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwir7Izb1JDVAhVNOMAKHf0kCtk4yAEQMwgPKA0wDQ..i&w=328&h=600&bih=891&biw=1680&q=spanish%20civil%20war%20uniform&ved=0ahUKEwir7Izb1JDVAhVNOMAKHf0kCtk4yAEQMwgPKA0wDQ&iact=mrc&uact=8
- ↑ https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahariana_(indument%C3%A0ria)
- ↑ http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniforms-insignia/ww2-german-italian-troops-made-ss-tunic-281511-2/
- ↑ http://uniformesp.blogspot.bg/2014/07/academia-generalmilitar-reabre-sus.html
- ↑ http://losejercitosdelrey.es/1936-1939-la-guardia-y-la-escolta-del-jefe-del-estado/
- ↑ http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12554
- ↑ http://modelfan.ru/10513-uniformes-militares-de-la-guerra-civil-espanola-en-color-jos233-mar237a-bueno.html
- ↑ http://miles.forumcommunity.net/?t=37856545
- ↑ http://www.comandosupremo.com/forums/topic/4513-earliest-pattern-sahariana/
- ↑ http://www.elgrancapitan.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=11669&start=180
- ↑ http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=413
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=437514&page=5
- ↑ http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28643&start=16