|Second Pattern Filzstiefel|
|A pair of 2nd pattern Filzstiefel|
|Place of origin:||Nazi Germany|
|Evolved from:||First Pattern Filzstiefel|
|Used by:||Wehrmacht, Waffen-SS|
|Wars:||World War II|
The German army did not posses any specialised winter gear when they invaded the Soviet Union in the summer of 1941. However, the experiences of the harsh winter of 1941-42 forced them to develop winter equipment. The felt boots were probably introduced at some point in 1942 as the earliest known photographic evidence of them being used is from december of 1942. These boots were clearly inspired by the Soviet Valenki boots. The Filzstiefel were mainly used on the Eastern Front by all branches of the German armed forces.
In popular cultureEdit
- The 2nd Pattern Filzstiefel are featured in the video game Call of Duty. They are worn by the Wehrmacht.
- The 2nd Pattern Filzstiefel are featured in the video game Call of Duty 2. They are worn by the Wehrmacht.
- The 2nd Pattern Filzstiefel are featured in the video game Hidden and Dangerous 2. They are worn by the Wehrmacht.
- The 2nd Pattern Filzstiefel are featured in the video game Company of Heroes 2. They are worn by the Sturmpioneer Squad unit.
- ↑ https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/23817282#&gid=1&pid=1
- ↑ http://www.wehrmacht-lexikon.de/heer/bekleidung/winterbekleidung/schuhzeug.php
- ↑ http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=161804&start=15
- ↑ http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Soldat/Bekleidung_Ausrustung.htm
- ↑ http://www.militariacollectors.network/topic/1903-wh-issue-original-filzstiefel/
- ↑ https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.armchairgeneral.com/wordpress/wp-content/moviereviews/eag/eag5.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.armchairgeneral.com/movies-enemy-at-the-gates.htm&h=736&w=1024&tbnid=pq8x9FGY3uMZIM&tbnh=190&tbnw=265&usg=__maPjibvXG5GRrBb-yJPsez5XXiA=&hl=en&docid=4fZEJURhZO-EXM#h=736&imgrc=pq8x9FGY3uMZIM:&tbnh=190&tbnw=265&w=1024