|Super Modular Rail HK|
|A super modular rail hk handguard|
|Place of origin:||USA|
The SMR HK is made of aluminum and is intended to be used with the HK416 and its civilian variant the MR 556. It was developed by Geissele Automatics by request from the USSOCOM in order to make the HK416 platform more comfortable, rugged and flexible to use. The SMR HK handguard debuted on the SHOT Show expo in 2012.
- Desert Dirt Color (DDC)
In popular cultureEdit
- The 10.5" black colored Super Modular Rail HK is featured in the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It is attached to the HK416, however it is depicted as being fictionalised hybrid between the SMR HK and the HK factory handguard as it retains the vent holes of the factory handguard.
- The 10.5" Super Modular Rail HK is featured in the video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. It is attached to the "D-25S", however it is depicted as being fictionalised hybrid between the SMR HK and the Super Modular Rail MK4.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/10/01/geissele-hand-guard-for-hk556416-and-other-ar-rifles/
- ↑ http://geissele.com/10-5-super-modular-rail-hk-black.html
- ↑ http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/159404-geissele-hk416-mr556-14-5-rail-14-5-bbl-4.html
- ↑ http://www.rogtac.com/geissele-hk10-smr-blem.html
- ↑ http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?132278-Geissele-SMR-Picture-Thread
- ↑ http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?119679-2012-SHOT-Show-Threads&p=1213079#post1213079
- ↑ http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?109070-Geissele-HK416-10-5-quot-rail-pics-and-specs
- ↑ http://montrala.blogspot.com/2012/01/hk416-rails-from-geisselle-and.html